Friday, December 11, 2009

No before, just an after





This is supposed to be a before and after - but I can't find the before picture - you'll just have to use your imagination. This light fixture came to me off the shelf brown/bronze. The designer that brought it to me wanted it to have a french country look. She also said to keep it kind of fun, a little bit whimsical. I painted it a creamy ivory, and after some handpainting, I added a glaze. I distressed it in some random spots to show the detail. I was hoping that it was what she envisioned, sometimes it is just a guessing game.
On the way to my house yesterday, she had a minor car accident. She picked it up this morning and was very pleased with it. I love happy endings.
My other project yesterday was "family" plates. Lots of them. More than you see. One thing about these plates, no matter how big you are, you always look good as a stick person. If you are bald, well, that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment