Monday, November 23, 2009

curtains + mink = Davey Crockett




I got more pajamas in today!! I was scared I wouldn't get any more before Christmas. I need to sew patches on them , but after last night, I think I'm gonna turn in early.

I had to stay until 1:30 to finish an order. I didn't get to start painting until around 11:00 because I was having to make a last minute Davy Crockett costume.

Jackson neede to go to school dressed as a famous Tennesseean today. Up until about 4:00 yesterday, he was going to be Sequoyah. For some reason he got the itch to be Davy Crockett, and wouldn't let up. So, I make a trip to the thrift store just before closing, and leave with nothing but a $2.50 old brown curtain. I felt sure I had a pattern at home that I could use. When I look for a pattern after dinner, I only have a pants pattern for a size 5. He wears a 12. Every store that I could possibly buy a pattern from was closed, so I totally winged it, hoping it would fit.


But I still needed a hat.


I dug around and ended up with my late aunts mink pillbox hat , (yes, mink), and pinned to the back, the fuzzy tail off of one of those little rodent toys tied to a ball from Cracker Barrell. I hung the entire outfit in his room for him to see when he woke up.

About 6:30am, he comes strolling in my room grinning from ear to ear. It was worth it. I still don't think Project Runway will be calling me anytime soon...

Baker was insanely jealous of the hat, and spent the afternoon playing in the backyard in a lovely, vintage 1960's pillbox hat. I think my aunt just rolled over......



No comments:

Post a Comment