Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pink Elephant- Before and After


This is one of those projects that must leave my neighbors scratching their heads. And, possibly whispering about me.

When my mom and I set up our workroom, we decided to have a lot of fun with it. It's full of polka dots, patterns, and bright colors. Lots of pink. A lot like my work. And, the exact opposite of our neutral homes. We designated one area of the space for the ever present children. The television perched on a cabinet we always felt was a bit too wobbly. So, when I saw this piece of furniture at a local thrift store for $45, I knew we had to have it.


I said, "Let's paint it pink." Mom agreed.


We put it in the driveway, and began to paint. It was pretty darn pink. It looked like that one house in a rundown part of town that someone decided to paint pink. It was ghetto pink. My husband nearly died when he pulled up after work. I had to leave it out to dry, giving anyone who passed by a good laugh I'm sure.

After a coat of glaze, and some thoughtful distressing, I loved it! I was so excited to see it in our workroom, I was not even bothered by the grumbles from my husband and brother-in-law as they heaved it up the steep, narrow stairs.

I rarely paint anything this bright, but our "pink elephant" is now our favorite piece in our Littlebits workroom.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it!! I think its precious!! How come I cant find deals like that!!!

    ReplyDelete