Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trip to the junk man

This afternoon I visited the guy I get a lot of my reclaimed wood and mouldings (sp?) from. He had some real goodies for me today! I got some beautiful, old door trim, that I think will make beautiful frames. It may look like junk to some people, but I love the look of the old, authentically crackled paint.
I also bought something I don't really know how to describe, but I think will be hard to part with. It looks like it may have been over a door on the front of a house. I have visions of it hanging over a bed instead of a headboard.I also bought some door panels to paint names and phrases on. I've had a harder time finding these lately, so I was excited to see them. I haven't picked the stuff up yet, but I will try to post before pictures when I do.
On a sad note, one of the chairs mentioned in my "ugly chairs" post has suffered an injury. I was trying to shift all the crap/merchandise in my garage, and I managed to fall off a rubbermaid tub onto one of the chairs. One arm was broken, and, luckily, it wasn't mine. I do have a lovely scratch to show for it though. It looks like Todd can fix it, but I may ask my Dad instead. Todd will view it as an opportunity to once again make fun of my purchase, and offer to put them in the dumpster for me. My Daddy will fix it no questions asked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment