Thursday, May 13, 2010

Books for Boys

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner



I love childresn's books. I collected them even before had children. Sometimes I love the story, sometimes it's the artwork.



My boys have always seemed to gravitate to books written a long time ago. Some of our favorites...




I don't know exactly why, but all3 of my children have loved this book at about 3 yrs. old. I've read it so many times I could recite it to you at any moment.






My boys loved this story of the old fashioned ice cream man. I had to stress to my kids that this ice cream man has nothing in common with our ice cream man.
The first ice cream truck I ever saw in our neighborhood was really questionable. It was an old, beat up white van with a sticker on the door that said "Bubba's Ice Cream". It was just a creeepy guy with a chest freezer rigged up in the back. (I was sure he had more than Nutty Buddys stuffed in that freezer).
We now have a regular ice cream truck that comes by, but the driver is never as pleasant (or as clean), as the book.
It's a short, cute little story that will leave you wanting to raid the freezer.



Ferdinand is a big, strong bull that's different from all the other bulls, and he's happy that way. I like that it touches on being who you are, no matter what everyone else is doing. It's set in Spain, and my boys always liked the parts with the matadors.




I just finished reading this book to my six year old. He loved it so much, we read it in 3 nights. He was facinated with how the children built things, cooked for themselves outdoors, etc. I highly recommend this book to read with a younger child or new reader.


LittlebitsDesigns.com

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from Kelly's. I haven't thought of Bluberries for Sal in years but I used to LOVE it. Do they like One Morning in Maine too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your love of children's books! Blueberries for Sal is one of my favorites too! You and your children will love tiger tales books (I hope!). We are a small publisher of whimsical, colorful, touching, magical picture books and board books for young children. Please check us out on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Wilton-CT/tiger-tales/183496001305?ref=ts
    Happy Reading,
    Elizabeth
    tiger tales

    ReplyDelete
  3. ferdinand I forgot about him... great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Blueberries for Sal. I used to always think it would be fun to go pick blueberries like her. Minus any type of bear encounter of course!

    ReplyDelete