Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Beth's Blog--Nashville's Big Flooding Problem

I'm going to link up to my neighbor Beth's blog today. She has some things to say that I couldn't agree with more.
Where is all the help that normally pours into a city when something like this takes place?
There are so many people that have lost so much, and they have no idea what to do. I met a lady in a store today that has lost everything. She was about 70, and staying a motel while she could afford it. She has no idea where to go for help, and our city government is doing all it can. (their offices are flooded too!)
Luckily, Nashville is full of good people, and great churches, willing to do whatever it takes. I believe in personal responsibility, in depending on your neighbor and your church instead of the government, but there is only so much we can do.
I guess if we had riots in the street, and widespread looting we would be on the news and the Red Cross would be pouring in.
My in-laws in Ohio didn't even know about it, but they could hear all about the speech Obama gave at the White House Correspondants Dinner.
I saw news coverage of a guy running thru a baseball game on the national news this morning, but nothing about nashville being submerged in nasty river water.
I don't EVER blog about this stuff, but today is an exception.
If I sound mad, it's because I am.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! You are right, it is pathetic. I know it's a big deal that the feds caught a terrorist in NY, but do you remember Katrina? The news was 24/7 for a week. We are apparently a side item story before they cut to commercial. Maybe it's because we ARE NOT asking for a government bail out or blaming George Bush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard them talking about this on a radio show I listen to in the morning they are national but were talking about us, they had a link to a post on a website I think it was we are nashville or something like that it is the one that all the Predator fans chat on. they said the same thing since we were well behaved and their was no looting and shooting and complaining and blamming we just got pushed to the side. I did hear that Obama signed a Fema thing for help but what do the people do in the meantime before that help comes.

    ReplyDelete