Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Grocery Nerd IV - alotta yogurt



I was able to go to the grocery alone today. It's the last tine until September, so I tried to enjoy it. (as much as anyone can enjoy a trip to the grocery).

Here it is....

3 greek yogurts (my favorite!)
2 loaves Sara Lee bread
3 Gortons frozen shrimp
1 Gortons frozen salmon
4 four packs la creme yogurt (I've never had this before)
3 Philly cream cheese snack size (for lunches)
2 Hidden Valley dressings
1 Fisher snack mix
1 12pk Fig Newton snack packs
1 15 pk Kraft Handi-snacks (the cheese in these makes me gag)
3 McCormick marinades
2 packs kool-aid fizz tabs(they were free - I'll try 'em)
1 lb brown rice (steam, vacum seal in steam bags, freeze,microwave for instant rice)
1 box Capri sun (this will last 5 minutes, maybe)
Celery
2 Go-Gurts
1 Carefree pantyliners ( I know, thanks for sharing :)
1 Cover girl mascara
bag cole slaw mix
Cover Girl eyeshadow ( any one want it? i don't wear it)
1 J&J soap bar
1 oscar Mayer lunch meat
1 Crest toothpaste
John Frieda shampoo & conditioner
3 Honey Bunches of Oats
2 Golden Grahams
1 Cocoa Puffs (the kids were thrilled)
1 Trix ( thrilled again...)
4 jars peanut butter
12 pk Lemon lime seltzer water
8 ears yellow corn

Total before coupons and discounts $172.27
Total after coupons and discounts $37.24
(this is before tax)

I saved $135.03 by shopping sales with coupons, and stocking up. I noticed on my receipt that they left off a $3 coupon, but I didn't want to look like a total coupon freak by going to customer service. I will spend the remainder of my budget (roughly $20), on fresh fruit, veggies, and meat. My budget includes beauty products, cleaners, etc.

I happened to have some good Kroger coupons this time, so that helped. Publix accepts competitor coupons, even on store brands.
If you need to save money pleeeeeese visit these sights. It's so much easier than you think.

Southern Savers

I Heart Publix

Faithful provisions

Frugal Dr. Mom




LittlebitsDesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment