Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Random, ugly sweater...



I must admit, I have spent most of my time working on re-organizing my house after a crazy holiday season, so I don't have many great pictures of work to post. I thought these frames turned out cute. I almost never do anything with animal prints, but these were a special request. I love all the different ribbons.

Speaking of ribbons, I was looking thru the Jo-Ann's flyer I got in the mail today to see if ribbon was on sale.( warning: this is random)
I noticed this little boy in the ad for yarn.

What is up with the sweater???? Isn't that for a girl? The extra wide neck, the scallops? 3/4 sleeves?!

Notice the caption - "Make this totally awesome 80's look"

I was around, and fully aware of my surroundings in the 80's. I don't remember any fads that involved boys wearing girl sweaters. (unless you were into Boy George)
If this kid is smart, he will drop this ad from his portfolio, and sue the stylist that worked the photo shoot. If you can knit, please don't make this totally awesome 80's look.

I am working on an adorable lamp to post pictures of later this week. I am trying to get back in the swing of things, but I'm a little burned out this time of year. Tomorrow has already been declared a snow day here in Nashville, so I am hoping to get some creative things accomplished, and spend some fun time with my kiddos.

My kids never cease to surprise me. Yesterday was definately one of those days.

I found my 10 year old, with a needle and thread, sewing up a hole in the knee of his school khakis.

My 5 year old pulled out his own stitches from his chin, and didn't mind at all.

My 3 year old, for the past 2 nights, has marched herself and her footie jammies upstairs, and totally put herself to bed.
At 7 pm.
I did not even have to ask.

What will they do tomorrow???



2 comments:

  1. Hi - I love your blog - lots of things to make me laugh & smile & lots of beautiful creations to drool over. I love the outfits you made for your daughter - lovely, lovely, lovely!!! Since we "met" on ebay, I hope you will not be offended if I ask if you ever sell your daughter's gently worn outfits that you lovingly made for her. I'll try to keep up with your blog - thanks again for sharing your creations & talent. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually do sell a lot of them. I have a TON of stuff I need to sell right now. Contact me anytime, and thanks for reading - it's nice to know I'm not totally wastng my time :)

    ReplyDelete