Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas is Over!!!!!!



Is anyone else as glad as I am that Christmas is over??

Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays, but by Jan. 1, I've had enough of all the holly-jolly. I'm ready to clean up, organize all the new stuff, and get my behind back on the treadmill. The kids will be begging to go to the pool before I know it.

Our annual trip north was no disappointment. Within the first 24 hours of arriving we had already had a snowstorm (OK, to this southern girl, it looked like a snowstorm), and a trip to the emergency room. My 5 year old's chin met the dining room table, resulting in 6 stitches and a really gross bite to the tongue. As a mom, I have to brag on him, he didn't even cry while the doctor stitched him up. He was white knuckled, and scared to death, but didn't utter a peep. What a little man.

I arrived at the emergency room in pajama pants, with a wet ponytail under a hat. Lookin' real good. As I wiped bloody spit off my shoulder, the pretty receptionist poked her head out and said, "What's your husband's name?" I told her, and she said, "Oh, I went to school with him, he was friend's with my brother." That's great. Next time she gets together with her high school friend she can tell them how their classmate married a scary looking hillbilly, and that they had clumsy children.

I survived the car trip. If you know me, you know how much I HATE long car trips.(let's face it, with 3 kids, 20 minutes can seem long - 10 hours is an eternity)

I get very car sick, very often.

I am the girl you see on the side of the road losing her lunch. I have turned it into an art form. I can only eat certain foods on road trips, mostly very bland. The very mention of certain random foods can send me straight to the nearest public restroom. (gummy bears, Corn Nuts, and cool ranch Doritos to be exact - it's a long story)

I busied myself watching all the people go by. I was especially entertained by the woman driving down the highway with an enormous bird sitting on her arm. How badly would you miss your bird if you left it at home??

I got to spend some quality time with my blackberry, and I can now kick your butt in Ka-Glom. I played it so much in the car, my husband asked me to stop ignoring him. I told him it prevented car sickness.

I really enjoyed all of my in-laws. They are so much fun. I wish they were closer. I know how lucky I am.

I have LOTS of projects planned for this year, and I hope to document a lot of them. I'm even thinking of doing some how-to's on painting. I f anyone out there wants to learn something specific - let me know. I don't want to give away too many secrets though -- I gotta keep my job :)


No comments:

Post a Comment