Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My inner cheapskate exposed


Why did I take a picture of my groceries? To expose myself for the cheapskate I really am. I bought everything you see in this picture for $5.41, before tax.

I did not steal any of it. I have the receipt to prove it.

I am a total coupon nerd. My 10 year old teases me. He says I am a coupon-ologist, that he is going to buy me a fanny pack to keep them in. It's not that bad......

I use them because they work! I can feed a family of 5 for $60-$70 a week.(sometimes less) I don't skimp on any fresh fruit, vegetables, or meat either. We don't eat a ton of meat though, so that helps. I just have a plan, stockpile things we use, like the 8 bottles of juice you see, and utilize my freezer space. Do I need 2 boxes of gas medicine - no. (thank goodness:) But, sometimes, when things are free, I get them anyway and give them to the Help Center at our church. Same with a lot of the can goods. On the other hand, the Frosted Flakes are all mine.

You must give Publix a try. It is truly the best grocery chain ever. They are clean, friendly, and very coupon friendly. As long as you are honest.


There are a couple of websites out there that will show you how to do it all.

Southern Savers

I Heart Pubix

Faithful Provisions

I got my neighbor , and my sister hooked on this too. We are now both equally nerdy for photographing our groceries. I think she has earned her 'couponologist fanny pack'.



Littlebits Designs

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration! Truly impressive. I must admit that I'm a little scared to click on the I Heart Pubix website. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!! You are famous at PivotHealth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
    Thank you for pointing that out! I can't quit laughing.....
    luckily, it takes ou to the PubLix website!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO impressed with your shopping savvy!! I heart Pulix too! You can't beat their Buy One Get One deals! We are stocked on V8 Splashes at our house too! :)

    ReplyDelete