Monday, March 15, 2010

Baby Chicks

I should be working, but it's 9pm and I'm beat.

Playing Go Fish and making Shrinky Dinks can really drain your energy.

Of course, I did other things - but painting, etc. wasn't one of them. As I was getting some things out of my storage room, Lilly spotted a box of Easter decorations.


(see that picture on the floor..she drew that. It's supposed to be me. I don't think I'll be putting her to work for me anytime soon :)

I let her look thru them, and she found these little chenille baby chicks. I think I bought them at Big Lots about 7 years ago. Obviously, not special to me - but to her, they were magical.




I gave her some little crocheted Easter baskets I saved from childhood. An elderly lady we went to church with made them a loooong time ago.




She liked to put them "to bed" in the eggs.


She played quietly with them for a couple of hours.
Whenever my children play quietly, it's blog-worthy.

Since I didn't paint today, how about a photo or two from a while back?? cause tonight I am oh so lazy.....












I almost forgot, I re-posted last weeks grocery post. I somehow messed up in posting it, and some FB folks told me they couldn't view it. So, all my fellow coupon dorks, go here.
....and, I added a new blog to my short list. Reflections on Being Present. It is written by my friend Jenna, who I have known since high school. She is seriously one of the coolest people I know, and I don't say that lightly or often.

No comments:

Post a Comment