Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Technologically challenged


I am new to blogging.

I am new to Twitter.

I am actually new to reading my email daily.

When I was in school, email was still new. (guess that shows my age)

I didn't have a cell phone until I was married. (I married really young. )

I have run my business from home for the past 11 years, with very little need for a computer....until now.

This time last year, I couldn't even copy and paste. I've come a long way.

I labored over putting up a website. I had a successful business without it, did I need it? Would it really get out to anyone?

So, I was super excited today when my neighbor called and told me that Kelly from Kelly's Korner had written something on Twitter about my website!!


Some of you may not know who she is, but she writes one of the few blogs I read. She is a cute little mom, and a christian making a difference. She writes often about her faith, her family, and is always spreading the word when prayers are needed. She is the Oprah of Mom blogs.

I tried to tell my mom. When I said she "tweeted" about me, I got a blank stare. She had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to explain. She pretended to understand.

I think I need to convince her how important it is for her to learn her way around her laptop. Especially if she wants to ever communicate with her grandchildren once they hit their teens. If I can do it - so can she.




I mailed out a cute little pillow today. Here is the bedding I needed to match. It's called Sumersault Geo.




I see Lilly playing with balls, her kitchen, crayons and play-doh. But, what is it about seeing her play with dolls that makes my heart flutter?? I just love it.




Here, her dolls were sick. All four of them. It must have been an epidemic. I think she's giving baby #1 a shot.


I always seem to be posting pictures of Lilly and not the boys. But, Jackson has school everyday, and Baker just can't seem to keep his shirt on. I'm not sure where he got the idea that clothes are just for 'going out'. His around the house look is often not blog appropriate.

I don't want to be the Jerry Springer of mom blogs.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Look at that precious Lilly with her babies! Has she told you that she wants an American Girl Doll yet????? You are right on with Kelly being the Oprah of blogging, I think if I could pick one to meet it would have to be Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete